Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

The Land of White Elephants

Buangkok, commonly and notoriously known as the Land of White Elephants to native Singaporeans, will be the home of me soon.

That being said, below is the little transcript of the dialogue between me and mama. The setting is the afternoon sun shines into my room in my new home, making my room intolerably hot in the afternoon. So, to solve the problem, I contemplated in pasting a dark “glass paper” on the windows to prevent sunlight from getting in.

Mama: The “glass paper” costs about $500-$600 to be pasted.

Me: Huh? So expensive? Then dowan lor…

Mama: You know, its very expensive, u still want?

Me: dowan

Mama: $500-$600 is very expensive for your room, you still want?

Me: *very irritated* How many times must I say that I dowan?

Mama: Talk talk a bit become so impatient, then next time dun need to talk lor!

Me: -.-|||

Eh… what can I say right? Yes, I agree I am impatient, and it seems that conversations between me and mama had degraded to a stage when it becomes meaningless repetitions of the same answer with rephrase of the same question in different (in this case, 3 different) ways.


Comments:
One word:
LOL!
 
yoz.. u moved to Buangkok?!? znv hear u mention before leh...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?