Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

What Happened to the playground????


Picture taken at a playground near my place.

I cannot help but to say the "playthings" in the playground near my place looks exactly like the toys I bought for my hamster. My hamster has also a tunnel and a bridge for her to walk on.

Eh... are chew ren nowadays becoming so pampered that they no longer play on slides, see saw (the wooden plank ones) and swingz?

I vividly remember the dayz when I was much younger when I jumped from the top of the slide with a perfect landing on the sand below. I remember the days when I lept off from the see saw as I was going down (because I was heavier) and my friend at the other end got a nasty shock on his butt as he come crashing down (we ran around the playground chasing each other after that). I remember the dayz when we compete among ourselves on the swing to see who can swing the highest (with an undescribable apprehensiveness of going one full circle on the swing. We always heard of people swinging one full circle on the swing, but I have not seen it nor experienced it). And of course, the sand that makes up the ground of the playground for us to build sand castle (and throw sand at one another). And a stone horse that sits there (and do nothing) as we climb over the horse and "ji kor beh".

Gone are those days. Sand replaced by bouncy rubber. Slides replaced by the hamster tunnels. Wooden see saws replaced by plastic ones, not to mention that there are gigantic springs at the pivot to dampen the motion and dampening the spirit of playing see saw (where is the fun when the motion is dampen?). Stone horses are replaced by miniature horses, rabbits, and all sorts of funny animals mounted on a gigantic spring for chew ren to ride on (where the parents will shout at their kids not to swing too much, coz its "dangerous". With the gigantic spring on, how to swing "too much"?).

Mebbe the govt should install a gigantic hamster wheel for chew ren to run on to make the set complete.

Comments:
You must understand la... chew ren nowadays like hamster: small, fragile, cute. Last time when you chew that time you not hamster is kitten. Nowadays people no like kitten liao, everybody like hamster more, so Singapore is following a new fashion trend.

Next time we are going to get free LAN in playgrounds la, no worry... that time we go playground go beat up children then "qiang" computer... wah "shiok" sia.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?