Monday, July 31, 2006

 

Martians and Venusians

Yes folks, you guessed it. Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus is the book that I am reading now. Call me a slow coach if u like as I understand that this book is first published in the year 1993, I am at least 13 years late. Despite of the fact the book is a bitz old and hardly edited ever since the first edition is published, it is not outdated. :) I still can identify with many things that is described in the book. Yes, call me a hard core Martians if you like. Just as I was typing this post, I committed a mistake, and what is commonly seen as a sin by a general Venusian. Here it goes...

*Mama went to have the egg beater fixed for $3, and decided to text the function of the egg beater by baking a cake*

Me: you baking a cake?
Mama: yup. testing the functionality of the egg beater.
Me: *clap clap*
Mama: what is that for?
Me: you want to test the functionality of the egg beater, u could have just crack an egg and try it out, why go through the hassle of baking a cake?
Mama: -.-|||

There I go again as a pure bred Martian offering "better" solutions instead of listening to my mama, a pure bred Venusian and making her feel cherished.

*what it could have been if i put what I have learnt in the book into practice*

Me: you baking a cake?
Mama: yup. testing the functionality of the egg beater.
Me: Great! Does that mean I have cakes to eat after I come back? *grins*
Mama: ok, I'll save some for you.
Me: ^^
Mama: ^^

That way, both mama and I will be pleased. Hmmmz.. I guess I still have a long way to go to inculcate that "appreciative, cherishable, and listening" nature in myself ya? cheerios for me. ^-^ At least i realised that i made a mistake now. Had it been 1 week ago, I will still be scratching my head, not knowing why mama is pissed. ;P

Comments:
Me: you baking a cake?
Mama: yup. testing the functionality of the egg beater.
Me: Great! Does that mean I have cakes to eat after I come back? *grins*
Mama: why u so sarcastic?
Me: no im not
Mama: GET OUT! i could hear that from your tone
Me: -.-|||
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?