Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

NIE adventure

It all started out with in fresh day, with a freshman (me), in a fresh semester, at a fresh chapter of my life. After a series of useless briefings with the standard, yet useless introduction to lectures, I decided to have my administrative things done up by checking into my hostel, and here it goes…

I am supposed to pay $320 upfront at the office of finance as a gesture of acceptance to the hostel I was allocated. Hence, I went to the office of finance…

“OH~! You are an NIE trainee, this is not the place you should come! You should have gone to thee NIE office of finance, this is the NTU office of finance.”

Fine.

*at the supposedly NIE office of finance*

“OH~! They have shifted place! Quite long already, you didn’t know about that?”

*OH~! You mean as a freshman, I am supposed to know?”

“OH~! I din know that… this is my 1st day in sch…”

By this time, its already time for another round of useless briefings. I decided not to be late for the briefings and do up the stuff after briefings.

*4.30 pm. Briefings ended. AT the office of finance, I see a signboard*

CLOSED

SIANZ~!! In a fresh day in a fresh semester at the fresh chapter of a freshman, I feel totally rotten.


Comments:
Welcome to NIE. Life as an administrator in NIE is good. Close at 4.30pm! Hope you get your admin done eventually. NTU is so confusing, I went to the wrong Admin Annex once. Thankfully, it's only the first two weeks that all these admin work are necessary. You should also familiarise yourself with the library. Great place to chill and do your internet stuff and print notes.
 
You're a n00b.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?