Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

Learning How to Teach (by negative example)

Head Knowledge. Period. I have no doubts that the lecturers in possessed head knowledge where education is concerned. However, head knowledge remains as head knowledge, it is not transduced to practice. Some of the lectures I have attended so far were delivered by non-engaging lecturers. Ironically, they are the ones supposed to teach us how to make the lessons interesting... Some contradict what they taught by doing the very things they cautioned us NOT to do...

Taboo Number 1
Thou shall not read from your power point slides. Yet, some of the lecturers are reading from the slides.

Taboo Number 2
Thou shall prepare your lessons. Yet, some of the tutors in NIE gave me the idea they did not know what to do with the class. To pull off a 2 hours lesson, we are given 1 hour to introduce ourselves...

Taboo Number 3
Engage your class in the lessons. They did this area well, by reminding us that class participation takes up 10% of the course. Hmmmz.. I feel a bitz threatened. If I am not engaging, then I will forgo the 10% and be labelled as uncooperative... So... I need to talk. Perhaps I should do this in the school that I will be posted to also.

Comments:
Well, they must be people who scammed their way through their positions. Or, possibly, they could have undergone n00bification therapy to turn into such retards.

Either way, you'd have to live with it. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?