Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

People whom I just cannot communicate with...

I think I am a person who remembers misgivings in the past. To the extent when I will be apprehensive if a person has somewhat exhibited communication characteristics which put me in a dead end before, I will not be very interested in talking to him/her again. Below of some examples. This post will consist largely of dialogues I had with another person (not necessarily the same person even though it CAN be the same person) to illustrate the instances at which communication breakdown took place. Comments from me will be added at the end of each dialogue to show how apprehensive I am when communicating with this person until now. For the purpose of anonymity, letters from alphabets (they do NOT represent initials of the other party!) are used to represent the other party and "ME" will be used to represent me, duh!

Example 1
People who put me down immediately.
A: What are you studying?
ME: Biology
A: So CRAP!
ME: -.-|||
Period. end of story. Biology has been the field of my studies until now, probably medicine in the future. I deleted the person from my HP after this instance. (a bit drama hor?) I din even bother to argue with it (notice the use of the pronoun "it" normally used for animals and inanimate objects) In my opinion, the other party has EQ so low that the use of pronouns used exclusively to separate human beings (like "him/her") from animals is not necessary. Wait a minute, dogs do have EQ... Hmmmz...

Example 2
People who use God/faith as a tool in communication.
*In the midst of discussion*
ME: I feel that it is aganist all odds to do this.
B: Despite of that, I still think that we should do it by faith. God told me this will work in my prayers.
ME: =__=|||
Eh... In my opinion, there is no need for discussion if God has already told the other party what to do. This God has been telling him/her what to do for everything he/she does, next time dun nid to ask me for opinions. God must be right one mah... When you bring God/faith in to discussion, there is no more room for discussion.

Example 3
Unforgiving and judgemental people.
C: The church is utter rubbish.
ME: how come ley?
C: Worship refers to the state of heart Christians adopt in approaching God.
ME: uh huh?
C: Look at what they printed. They call the people who lead in singspiration "worship leaders". They should be called song leaders.
ME: so?
C: So this church is rubbish. The sermon is rubbish.
Wahseh... so serious one ah? use one word "sala" then kena condemned. Liddat I cannot communicate with him/her lar... too stressed. One "sala" word used kena left right centre. Too scary.

Example 4
Arrogant People
D: Look, I dun nid your advice.
ME: OK.
D: All my friends have been advising what I am doing is wrong.
ME: Hmmmz... if all your friends tell u u r wrong, can it be the case that you are wrong?
D: How can I be wrong?
OK lor... you are right then. No need to talk liao...

Example 5
Saying the obvious (for a lot of times).
*in the lift, at top floor*
E: Going down?
ME: *duh, we are at the top floor. is there any other direction?* Ya...
E: Go where?
ME: hawker centre.
E: buy food?
ME: *duh* ya...
E: eat lunch?
ME: *my watch show 1 pm, double duh* ya
E: weather very hot hor?
ME: ya...
E: that's y everybody wear shorts now
ME: *cannot take it anymore*
eh... this conversation has degraded to an extent too insulting to intellect beings.

Example 6
People who open the conversation with insults and keep on insulting non stop for jokes that I cannot appreciate.
*Upon seeing I am reading a book by Ben Carson*
F: Ben Carson... sounds like ben4 car1 chng1 (stupid backside in Mandarin and Hokkien) *burst into uncontrollable laughter*
ME: Hey, Ben Carson is a brilliant person!
F: car1 chng1 *burst into monstrous laughter*
ok lor... laff all u want lor... I read all I want

Example 7
Obnoxious pseudoscholars who think they know a lot.
ME: Euthanasia... I think I know more than the lecturer!
Notice I am in this example, I am referring to myself. I think I should watch this aspect of me b4 I degrade into another arrogant animal.

Example 8
People who keep repeating
H: No one understands me...
*after listening for 15 min*
H: No one understands me... (another cycle of 15 min repeating almost similar issues)
*after 15 min*
H: no one understands me...
ME: eh... sorry, I need to go liao...
hmmmz... i think i too cruel lar... i hate to admit that I simply dun have patience for this, I think I need to improve on listening, even if it means listening to the same thing over and over again. Apply what I learnt from "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Hmmmz.. luckily John Gray din use pluto when he wrote the book.

Comments:
what you wrote reminded me of some of the irritating people I have met sometime in my life. They are, of course, out of my circle now. I totally cant stand them!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?