Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

Wired Differently from Others

I am talking about myself. Sometimes I really think I am wired differently from others. Uniqueness if perhaps part of God's plan for me and for everyone else. But frankly, I cannot find anyone quite like me. Here are some ways that I think I am different from others.

1. I cannot sit in front of the TV and watch NKF shows and other charity shows that depict the misfortunes of patients and the less fortunates without feeling a strong tug in my heart. Just how strong is it? To the extent that I can really weep for them. Everyone of them. Just ask other guyz how much does it take for a guy to shed a tear, and the guy would probably answer: a lot. In contrast, when I watch the so-called moving movies, the tugging of the heartstrings don't go to such extent.

2. I cannot stand modern war movies. I sleep in them. I fell asleep when watching "Saving Pte Ryan". I had the opportunity to watch "U571" twice, and just cannot watch it without falling asleep. Meg Ryan starring in "Courage under fire"? I watched it twice. Once feeling almost nothing over it while most of my frens commented that it was an excellent movie. The 2nd time? Yes, u guessed it, I dozed off.

3. I dun usually watch soccer. I guess that is quite atypical of a Singaporean guy. Having said that, if I want to, I can watch. I followed the world cup quite closely earlier this year.

4. I can only study and perform intellectually stimulating tasks fruitfully in the wee hours. That explains y some of my frenz noticed I look exhausted by mid-day.

5. I am a very stubborn person. Convincing me of something I was not convinced of in the 1st place could very well be the most difficult task. But once convinced, I dun usually waver in my convictions.

6. I dun like structure even though i agree that structure is good in some situations. I prefer to be more spontaneous. Hence, I dun agree to the saying, "If you fail to plan, u plan to fail".

7. I dun usually plan meticulously in the finest detail. I usually have an overall plan then execute it.

8. I am by nature, a person who is not very excitable. I want to change this aspect of me.. but not sure how... hmmmz...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?